Savory Smoked Pork With Apricot Marmalade
Making dinner on a budget that is healthy, fast, and easy is a challenge most families are familiar with. I manage a household food plan while keeping my sanity using these fast meal preparation tricks. I discovered ones such as this that help save time and money.
COOKING AND CRAFTING
You will need:
-Pork roast (2 lbs)
-1 Jar Apricot Jam
1. Place pork roast onto a piece of foil large enough to wrap the entire roast. Warm the smoker up to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread taco seasoning and savory evenly over the rump of the pork.
3. Next, add three heaping tablespoons of the apricot jam onto the pork roast.
4. Wrap in aluminum foil and place into a flat aluminum or pyrex pan. Ensure there is a separate open container of water (about 1 cup) in the smoker to hydrate the meat while cooking.
5. Put the pork roast into the smoker and smoke at 225 degrees F until thoroughly cooked. I like to use hickory chips to give the meat a classy flavor.
6. Once finished, check the meat for the temperature or 165 degrees F to be certain the meat is cooks thoroughly. Unwrap, and enjoy a tasty, moist piece of smoky, savory pig roast.